after what i'd like to call a spectacularly miserable and spazztastic last week, i'm trying to take this week one day at a time, enjoying the small things and calling them all victories.
song of the day: "hope now" by addison road. love it.
If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
you'll be pleased to know my interview with the nursing home went smashingly. i think, if possible, i was born for this job. and if, for some reason, God thinks I'm being a tad overzealous on my qualifications, then its time to hit the books, kids, and next month means school.
also, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of *stuff* they never tell you about parenthood. i can handle regurgitated breast milk, diaper explosions, book reports, scraped knees, head wounds,training bras, crushes, the birds and the bees. but its the little things that catch me off-guard.
after a full day of playing and running off energy, full throttle, bella ran in frantically yesterday afternoon and between overly dramatic gasps of air, managed to get out, "my.... stomach.... hurts....!" i immediately asess the situation. did she fall off her wheelies or scooter. could it be her appendix. when was the last time she ate.is she coming down with the flu. perhaps the bubonic plague.
i asked her what she'd been doing when it first started to hurt and she said she and her friend rosie had been in a sit-up contest down by the creek.
ahhhh, i surmised. "those are called muscles".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Motherhood is endlessly entertaining isn't it?
I love you!
Post a Comment