i'm thankful, ever to thankful , that i live in the greatest country in the world. i subscribe to the idea that life is what you make of it and that the sky is most definately the limit. we are blessed.
i don't for one moment, believe i should have the audacity to complain.
and i don't lay blame on one president or one generation or group of people.
but on occasion, i'm just frustrated that our country has gotten to this point. and i'm frustrated that i can't figure out a way to make it better.
and some days are just a little harder than others.
Dear rich politicians and high mucky-mucks who have lost all sense of value in the world around them,
Today I was given the luxury of waiting in line 45 minutes to receive my paycheck and be granted the opportunity to participate in a health plan my company has decided so graciously to extend.
I was told that for a mere $362.97 per pay period......that works up to $725.94 a month......I may obtain coverage for myself and family.
Just to be clear, that would allow me $104/month, or $52 every two weeks, to contribute to my family's living needs.
Today, my husband also received all paperwork neccesary to prevent a lapse in medical coverage, after having been one of 150 employees laid off in the southeast region in May.
His letter reads as follows:
"The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was designd to increase jobs, fund projects, offer tax relief and assist individuals who have become recently unemployed by subsidizing and reducing COBRA premiums. You are receiving this election notice because you experienced a loss of coverage."
I'd like to take the time to thank you. I can't tell you how comforting it is, to understand that for a mere $981.83 a month, we may continue our medical coverage. Just to be clear, this would allow Jason -$69.83 to contribute to his family's living needs, after unemployment checks that will end, as of December.
As I write this letter of thanks, I'm perusing the *Dynamic Details* 'zine that SDI, better known as Steel Dynamics Inc. sends out. Fascinating, in issue 21, an interview with chairman and CEO Keith Busse states that "The current global economic meltdown is deep and wide", but he believes SDI has a "bright future and that the company will be stronger for having endured adversity."
I do wish the best for SDI's future progress and investments. And I am certain that they sleep far easier, knowing they endure this adversity due to no longer having to shoulder the cost of employing the hundreds of workers they've laid off or fired in their last 4 downsizing sprees over the course of one year.








1 comment:
Damn.
You'd think they'd all get dizzy and pass out from chasing their political tails so much. If they did, one could hope they'd wake up and come to their senses.
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment