Wednesday, November 5, 2008

wherein i hope you all voted for my chihuahua

defender of the crotchless underwear, the world over.

listen. i'm nothing if not your political Eye in the Sky. your government guru. your hot air machine. so it will come as no surprise that yesterday, i purposely left the news off. i talked to my mom & sister on the phone. i snuggled on the couch a little too long in my pajamas, watching cartoons a little too late in the morning with my daughter, eating a little too much leftover halloween candy for breakfast. we took daddy on his break to a suprise picnic lunch by the river. we got a fruit smoothie and a frappucino at our favorite coffee hang-out. we spent time with bellas great-grandmother and took her for a walk. we watched the new "tinker bell" movie. and "get smart". we ate tatertots with supper. and after some tickle wrestling and many snuggles and a prayer that God will lead our new president in the right choices, mom and dad snuggled on the couch watching "the strangers." we climbed into bed and turned the news on at 11 pm. and jason held me close as i cried.

there's gonna be alot of the obligatory election posts spinning 'round today. alot of people happy and alot of people not-so-happy. and i dunno about you, but i'm just really not ready for that whole *thing* quite yet. in the spirit of remaining politically ambivalent, the only thing i'm really going to add is that i think america has been asleep for a really. long. time.

...and i will heal your land. 2 chronicles 7:14 .

yah. here's the kicker tho. ya gotta read the stuff before the dot.dot.dot.

you like how i totally did the obligatory post thing without you even realizing it, don'tcha.

i got mad skills, crickets. mad skills.

and we've got work to do. you know who you are.

2 comments:

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

I wrote a post last night after Obama was declared president-elect, and I said "Tonight I rejoice. Tomorrow I write letters to my senators and representatives, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, and tell them that they have been given a huge responsibility."

The party is over, now the governing needs to begin. If I've learned nothing else in the last 8 years, I've learned to never take my government at face value and trust they are all trustworthy when left to their own devices. I've always been a letter writer, but I'm going to broaden my correspondence. "Of the people, by the people, for the people" - or I'm going to start a freaking revolution.

Sophie in the Moonlight said...

PS The chihuahua was a write-in candidate, correct? I couldn't remember if it's name was "Yo quiero" or "Taco Bell" so I just wrote "Kat Byrd's cute little punt dog". ;D